Sunday, January 14, 2024

January 12, 2024

Blue stone is a common rock up here, used for steps and stoops and patios, so valued it has been transported hundreds of miles for its smooth, strong qualities, able to cooperate with a spectrum of colors.  Outside this day is what I call blue stone weather, the air a tinge of slate blue. It's cold but not crisp and certainly not clear. One needs to peer through the air, to penetrate it, to see through to the other side except there is no other side,just an eternity of trees. I've watched it go light to dark for years now, and once again, outside a window I've looked through thousands of times, dark is creeping back to light. The planet pursues its predictable path, and I watch the sun helpless to do anything except marvel that I've another year in the hopper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment