Monday, August 15, 2022

Taylor Pork Roll On Challah Toast addendum

 As for Lizzie - Remember? Her street name? Elizabeth Hermanson Foreman? Lizzie. Mom. Taylor pork roll. My last blog? An old friend, Al Forman, no relation, wrote and reminded me of an incident at my mother's funeral. We were standing next to each other. As the coffin was lowered into the grave, a chilly breeze came up, blew the rabbi’s eulogy out of his hands and into the grave under her coffin as it settled on the ground. I turned to Al and said, “She’s dead, and she’s still doing this to us.” Al said it was the funniest funeral he’d ever been to.


He also told me he frequents a diner in Timonium that features challah French toast. You can get it with a side of ham, sausage or bacon. It was in a Jewish neighborhood. No mention of Taylor Pork Roll. 


No comments:

Post a Comment