Sunday, May 8, 2022

May 8, 2022 - Triple By Pass - A Snapshot

 To those of you who don't know, I've just had one. To those of you who do, I'm fine. Not much stamina but getting there.

Fella next to me in bed was an Hispanic guy from the Bronx. Nice guy, We talked. He was hard to understand - missing front teeth - but funny. One day the dietician asked us about our menus. "What's my choice?", I wondered as she rattled off quite a list including vegan, low lactate and kosher. Kosher! "Whoa. Wait right there." Turns out it was the first night of Passover - the first seder - so I ordered the kosher for Passover meal. 

        "What's kosher?" my bed fellow wanted to know.

I opened a piece of matzoh and offered it to him.

        "It's a cracker," he said.

        "Simple,"I said. "Take a bite."

He did.

        "It's a cracker," he said.

        "We're all brothers," I replied, "One thing. I gotta warn you. When you wake up tomorrow morning you're gonna be speaking Hebrew."

True.

No comments:

Post a Comment